|Clear glazing went surprisingly well...|
The faces are finally done. We survived underglaze coats of turquoise and black. We made it through the process of sponging off those layers. The clear glazing process had three casualties. I warned the students that if they were not making eye contact, and listening carefully, they would not be able to clear glaze their faces. After all, kiln shelves are at stake. I made the directions very simple, and thought through every step. Three students were not paying attention, so I took their faces away. They were sad, but everyone else paid excellent attention afterwards. It's no big deal, because actually, their faces look better without the clear glaze, in my opinion. We'll add hanging wire to ALL of the faces tomorrow.
|Love this one...|
|We will wire them up with hangers tomorrow...|
|Wrapping carefully for the drive over the mountain...|
|Ready to go...|