|Wearing my glazing apron outside in the shed...|
Today was a weird weather day. It was damp outside, almost all day. So, the large slabs that I rolled out had no chance to dry. Even a space heater / fan combination couldn't dry things out. I used a huge amount of cornstarch just to clean off my saturated wooden rolling pin. So, I finally went back into the house and repaired some work for one last firing. I have finally gotten the formula for paper clay worked out. It works well to add papier mache to the mix. More papier mache than slip, by the way. Hopefully, I can get started on some smaller pieces for tomorrow, and take them into the house to dry. Today's slabs were just too large. Sadly, the canisters that I was trying to work on today, were ones that I had actually seen in a dream. Sometimes ideas are sparked in my brain, and I need to get my sketchbook out to take down the details, before they're lost!